LAS VEGAS (January 4, 2016)
– Kwikset®, a leading manufacturer of smart locks, today announced Premis, its first Apple HomeKit™-compatible smart door lock. Premis offers homeowners the convenience of unlocking and locking the door using Siri voice controls and best-in-class, patented security features, including SecureScreen™ and the latest version of Kwikset SmartKey® security.
“Kwikset closely listens to feedback and monitors new technologies to develop products that meet consumer needs,” said Keith Brandon, Vice President of Residential Access Solutions, Kwikset. “Premis was specifically developed to work with Apple HomeKit, a simple and secure smart home technology we truly believe in and are excited to support.”
Keyless Entry Convenience with Premis
With an Apple TV® (3rd
generation or later) homeowners can remotely lock, unlock and check the status of Premis using Siri on their iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or Apple Watch® in addition to a Kwikset iOS app. Homeowners can let others in while away, ensure the door is locked after leaving, or unlock the door upon coming home without fumbling for keys. Further, Premis works with all available HomeKit compatible accessories so that people can create integrated scenes such as lighting or heating the interior of the home by merely opening the front door.
Premis can hold up to 30 unique user codes at one time, allowing homeowners the ability to assign different codes to multiple guests through the app. Homeowners can use the app to schedule codes with specific day and time constraints, view lock status, check battery life and receive lock activity notifications.
Additional Product Features
- Advanced SmartKey® Security: Premis features the latest version of the Kwikset patented SmartKey security
- SecureScreen™ Technology: Patent-pending SecureScreen technology helps prevent the problem of “smudge” attacks associated with touchscreen locks
- Sleek Design: Premis features a polished capacitive touchscreen design and white LED display that provides crisp, high-definition illumination. The significantly reduced interior size increases aesthetic appeal
- DIY Installation: Premis installs in minutes with no hard wiring required – a Phillips head screwdriver, four AA batteries and a ruler are all that’s needed to install the deadbolt
- Compatible Devices: Premis is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch with iOS 9 or higher, and Apple Watch running watchOS 2.0 and higher
Premis will be available in 2016 at select retailers. For additional information about Premis, or to access images and request product for review, please visit http://kwiksetpresskit.com
Kwikset is the leading residential lock manufacturer, making homeowners feel safe since 1946. Kwikset works hard to understand the world you live in, so that we can do everything we can to protect it. The company’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio that includes patented SmartKey deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, first-to-market smart lock, Kevo and a wide variety of styles and finishes. Our interior and exterior door products provide customers with the quality, technology, durability and style they want while guaranteeing the highest level of security. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Kwikset products are sold online and through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australia. Visit us at http://kwikset.com