LAKE FOREST, Calif. (April 12, 2017)
– Kwikset®, a leading manufacturer of smart locks made for the world you live in, announced an integration with Alexa-enabled devices, including Amazon Echo and Echo Dot, that will allow device users the ability to lock and unlock their Kevo smart home products using voice commands. Users will be able to ask Alexa to check lock status, lock and unlock their Kevo smart products, among other features.
With this integration, Kwikset takes access control convenience to the next level by offering a voice control feature in addition to Touch-to-Open functionality on Kevo smart locks, app control with the Kevo conversion kit and remote locking and unlocking via Kevo Plus for all Kevo products. The integration is perfect for homeowners or renters with Amazon Alexa and Kevo products who want even more convenience and home control from their smart devices.
“Kwikset continues to invest in our popular Kevo platform to make our users’ smart home experience as convenient, secure and seamless as possible,” says Ashton Good, Kwikset Senior Product Manager, Spectrum Brands Inc. – Hardware and Home Improvement Division. “Kwikset is pleased to add voice control through Amazon Alexa-enabled devices to the Kevo platform, giving our users another convenient way to control their smart locks.”
How Does It Work?
Kevo users with Alexa-enabled devices will be able to quickly enable the Kevo skill by searching for Kevo in the Amazon Alexa app. Once enabled, Kevo users can set permissions for the skill, including adding a PIN for Unlock commands.
Kevo users will be able to use the following commands:
- To check lock status, say “Alexa, tell Kevo to check the status of my door.”
- To recall which Kevo locks are enabled to work with Amazon Alexa, say “Alexa, ask Kevo what locks I have.”
- To lock the door, say “Alexa, ask Kevo to lock my door.” Kevo users can also specify which deadbolt to lock through voice commands.
- To unlock the door, say “Alexa, ask Kevo to unlock my front door.” This command will also require users to provide a spoken PIN code to ensure the unlock command is authorized.
- For help, including recalling a list of what commands Alexa is enabled to perform, say “Alexa, ask Kevo for Help.”
An Alexa-enabled device and the Kwikset Kevo Plus upgrade are required for Kevo 1st Gen, Kevo 2nd Gen and Kevo Convert to work with Alexa.
Kevo Convert and Kevo 2nd Gen are available at online retailers for $149 and $229 MSRP, respectively. The Kevo Plus upgrade is available for $99, with no monthly fee or associate costs. A complete list of retailers can be found at Kwikset.com/Kevo. For product or image requests, please visit KwiksetPressKit.com or email email@example.com.
Kwikset is the leading residential lock manufacturer, making homeowners feel safe since 1946. Kwikset works hard to understand the world you live in, so that we can do everything we can to protect it. The company’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio that includes patented SmartKey deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, first-to-market smart lock, Kevo and a wide variety of styles and finishes. Our interior and exterior door products provide customers with the quality, technology, durability and style they want while guaranteeing the highest level of security. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Kwikset products are sold online and through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australia. Visit us at http://kwikset.com and https://kwiksetpresskit.com.