LAKE FOREST, Calif. (August 30, 2016) –
Today, trusted lock manufacturer Kwikset announced the second generation Kevo™ Touch-to-Open Smart Lock is available for purchase. Representing the best smart lock option available on the market today, Kevo 2nd
Gen provides the same trusted touch-to-open smart lock experience available in Kevo 1st
Gen teamed with a refined user experience, sleeker design and added security.
Gen is the only smart lock to offer touch-to-open convenience, allowing homeowners to lock or unlock the door with the touch of a finger and eliminating the need to fumble for keys. Additionally, Kevo 2nd
Gen is designed to deliver the ultimate user experience, offering an intuitive installation experience, sleek metal interior housing, and Kwikset patented advanced SmartKey security to ensure homeowners feel safer and more secure than ever before.
“Kwikset listened to homeowners’ everyday experience with Kevo 1st
Gen and put their feedback at the center of the Kevo 2nd Gen development strategy,” said Keith Brandon, Kwikset Vice President of Residential Access Solutions, Spectrum Brands, Inc. – Hardware and Home Improvement Division. “I truly believe the time to buy Kevo is now for any consumer waiting for technology to evolve before purchasing a smart lock.”
Additional features include:
- Easily manage home access for family, friends and guests by sharing electronic keys (eKeys) through the Kevo app developed by UniKey Technologies
- Engineered to integrate with a wide range of smart home products to ensure homeowners can easily configure a smarter home
- Available in three popular finishes, Satin Nickel, Venetian Bronze and Polished Brass
- Features a transitional design for flexibility across a variety of home styles
- Receive lock notifications and view lock activity history in the Kevo app
- Comes with a lifetime mechanical and finish warranty, and one-year electronic warranty, plus a dedicated consumer support line
Kevo 2nd Gen fits standard, residential exterior doors and retails for $229 MSRP. A list of retailers is available at Kwikset.com/Kevo
For additional information about Kevo 2nd Gen, including to request product for review, please email email@example.com.
Kwikset is the leading residential lock manufacturer, making homeowners feel safe since 1946. Kwikset works hard to understand the world you live in, so that we can do everything we can to protect it. The company’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio that includes patented SmartKey deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, first-to-market smart lock, Kevo and a wide variety of styles and finishes. Our interior and exterior door products provide customers with the quality, technology, durability and style they want while guaranteeing the highest level of security. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Kwikset products are sold online and through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australia. Visit us at http://kwikset.com