Starting today, homeowners can purchase and install the electronic deadbolt with patent-pending SecureScreen technology and capacitive touchscreen
LAKE FOREST, Calif. (June 15, 2015):
Kwikset SmartCode 915 offers the latest innovation in security directly to homeowners. SmartCode 915 is a keyless, touchscreen deadbolt and the newest product to offer Kwikset’s patent-pending SecureScreen technology to consumers.
SecureScreen technology helps prevent the problem of “smudge” attacks associated with touchscreen locks. With typical touchscreen locks, passcodes can potentially be jeopardized by unwanted guests detecting frequently used numbers and characters from the oily residues left by fingers on the touchscreen surface. With SecureScreen technology, users are prompted to touch two random numbers in order to display the full screen and enter the programmed access code. This industry-first technology encourages continuous use of the full screen to mask the correct access code.
“Kwikset continues to lead the electronic lock space by manufacturing products like SmartCode 915 with the consumer in mind that pairs cutting edge technology with the best security for the home,” said Keith Brandon, vice president of residential access solutions, Kwikset. “SmartCode 915 offers consumers the full package – industry-first technology and unmatchable security housed in a very attractive product.”
A lock to make your car jealous
SmartCode 915 is more than just the home’s first line of security. The deadbolt, which is designed to meet homeowner demand for new and innovative technology, features a sleek touchscreen design with capacitive touch technology. The white LED display provides crisp, high-definition illumination, while a reduced interior increases aesthetic appeal. The advanced design of SmartCode 915 pairs cutting-edge technology with the best security for the home, making this lock the new status symbol.
Easy, do-it-yourself installation and programming
SmartCode 915 installs in minutes with no hard wiring required – a Phillips head screwdriver, four AA batteries and a ruler are all that’s needed to install the deadbolt. SmartCode 915 is manufactured to fit standard doors and replace existing deadbolts. The deadbolt is programmable with up to 16 user codes that homeowners can assign to family members or temporary guests then delete at any time to revoke access. The deadbolt features a master code that prevents unauthorized users from adding or deleting user codes from the lock for extra security.
SmartCode 915 additional benefits
- Reduced interior size: SmartCode 915 is part of the SmartCode second-generation platform that has a dramatically reduced interior size with an increased aesthetic appeal
- Stronger and more secure: SmartCode 915 is also BHMA Grade 2 certified, designed with an all-metal, tamper-proof interior for added security
- Responsiveness: SmartCode 915 touchscreen features an intuitive user interface that senses contact quickly for fast code entry and unlocking
- Trusted security: Beyond the trusted security of SecureScreen, SmartCode 915 is equipped with Kwikset’s SmartKey cylinder to prevent lock bumping and making the deadbolt nearly impossible to pick
- Reliability: SmartCode 915 operates on four AA batteries and will last approximately one year under normal use; homeowners have peace of mind knowing a traditional key can be used to unlock the deadbolt should batteries run out
- One-touch locking: Easy and simple, one-touch locking is an added convenience to homeowners
The SmartCode 915 is available for purchase at select retailers ($179.00). Visit http://www.kwikset.com/where-to-buy.aspx
for a full list of retailers. For information about Kwikset’s latest products, to access high-resolution images and request product samples, please visit http://kwiksetpresskit.com
Kwikset is the leading residential lock manufacturer, making homeowners feeling safe for over 60 years. Kwikset works hard to understand the world you live in, so that we can do everything we can to protect it. The company’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio that includes patented SmartKey deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, first-to-market smart lock, Kevo and a wide variety of styles and finishes. Our interior and exterior door products provide customers with the quality, technology, durability and style they want while guaranteeing the highest level of security. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Kwikset products are sold online and through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australia. Visit us at http://kwikset.com